There's been speculation that after leaving office Mayor Bloomberg will tinker with the Financial Times or continue to push issues like gun control and gay rights via his super-PAC, but apparently his goals are far less noble. Taxi Club Management CEO Gene Freidman says he approached Bloomberg a day after a court blocked his plan to replace the city's taxi fleet with the Taxi of Tomorrow. “He turns to me, and said, ‘Come January 1st, when I am out of office, I am going to destroy your f--king industry,' " claims Freidman. “It was like Gene had kidnapped his child. He used the f-word twice,” an unnamed witness tells the Post. You don't even want to know what will happen to those who dare to drink a Big Gulp in the former mayor's presence.
Photo: Allison Joyce/2013 Getty Images
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 9. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders