Chad Washington, a 19-year-old sophomore at Columbia University and a six-foot-four, 242-pound defensive lineman on the school's football team, has been arrested for allegedly harassing and threatening an Asian student using ethnic slurs and physically grabbing him up on West 113th Street. A public safety officer dismissed it as "horsing around," but the NYPD did not: Washington has been charged with a hate-crime felony via aggravated harassment. If convicted, an op-ed he wrote in the Columbia Spectator, entitled "Athletes Deserve Respect," will shrivel up and die from irony.
Photo: Courtesy of Columbia University Athletics/Gene Boyars
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 5. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 6. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 7. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 8. Michelle Not Actually Mad at Obama Selfie, Says Photographer
- 9. And This Year’s SAG Award Nominees Are ...