Police and firefighters rushed to the building after a clerk opened an envelope containing a letter that included the word "anthrax" and a substance he understandably believed was anthrax. The ventilation system was shut off and up to twenty employees were evaluated for exposure before investigators determined that the powder wasn't poisonous. Sources told the New York Post that the scary mail "came from a person known to file lawsuits without an attorney." It seems likely that he will be assigned one shortly.
Most Viewed Stories
‘I’m No Longer Afraid’: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted by Bill Cosby, and the Culture That Wouldn’t Listen
McDonald’s Prepares to Finally Give Everyone All-Day Breakfast
Jon Stewart Told Wyatt Cenac to ‘F*ck Off’ When He Was Challenged About Race
Why Lonely People Stay Lonely
The Best TV Shows of 2015 (So Far)
How Exactly Did Ant-Man Make Michael Douglas Look So Young?
What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism
A Neuroscientist Argues That Everybody Is Misunderstanding Fear and Anxiety
New York Times Discovers Bleakest McDonald’s Ever
Are You a Head Person or a Heart Person?