A young Brooklyn couple was walking arm-in-arm near Madison Square Garden on Sunday, at the end of the Knicks' game one loss to the Pacers, when a group of men proliferated every horrible stereotype about drunk and ornery sports bros: "A group of Knicks fans were upset about the game and they just decided to 'fag bash' the two of us. They broke my nose and his wrist, and broke several hundreds of dollars worth of personal property," victim Kevin Porto, a clothing designer, wrote on Facebook. "They called us faggots," he told DNAinfo. "They made fun of my jeans — I made the jeans myself, for that day." Police are investigating the attack as a possible hate crime and are looking for a suspect last seen wearing a Carmelo Anthony jersey.
Photo: AARON JOSEFCZYK/Corbis
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?