For the third time in two weeks — following a report stating that sexual assaults in the military are on the rise and a stern lecture from the president — a man running a program dedicated to preventing such disgraceful incidents finds himself disgraced. (In the Air Force, it was groping, and in the Army, at Ford Hood, it was an investigation into a sexual assault and a prostitution ring.) This time, Army officer Lieutenant Colonel Darin Haas, the manager of the Fort Campbell Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention/Equal Opportunity office, was arrested for stalking his ex-wife, violating an order of protection she had against him. (He also has one against her; the pair is in a custody battle.) Haas will no longer run the prevention office, because it's already not working and that would be awkward.
Photo: ADEK BERRY
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street