New York University art history professor Ross Finocchio allegedly hid his iPhone in a shoe and slid it into a changing room occupied by an unsuspecting young woman — twice in a row — at the West Village thrift shop Beacon's Closet, the New York Post reports. When the manager confronted him (and called the police), Finocchio, the valedictorian of his 2001 NYU class, was "sweating profusely," and said, "I'm so embarrassed. I was recording myself for a project — if I could just explain myself.'" Let's see: hip NYU academic, thrift store, iPhone — it's almost absurd enough to be art.
Photo: Stephanie Williams
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle