The Boston area's staunch refusal to have the body of Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev buried on its land has held strong into a new week, with protests continuing yesterday outside the funeral home unlucky enough to be housing the body, the Boston Globe reports. The discord has now spread to the family of the deceased, too, with Tamerlan's mother hoping to bring her son's body back to Russia and his uncle insisting on Cambridge, which continues to resist any effort to be involved. "This isn't a state or a federal issue; it's the family's issue," said Governor Deval Patrick. "And the family has some options. I assume they will make a decision soon. I hope they do." The family probably won't pick a burial at sea "with Bin Laden," as proposed by a former Navy SEAL now running for Senate as a Republican, but he gets effort points for trying his damnedest to politicize the issue further.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?