Katherine Russell has been trying to distance herself from her husband, with her family saying in a statement that after the Boston bombing "we know that we never really knew Tamerlan Tsarnaev." On Tuesday she said through her attorney that she's declining her right as a spouse to claim his remains, and wants his family to take the body. "Of course, family members will take possession of the body," his uncle Ruslan Tsarni told The Associated Press. "We'll do it. We will do it. A family is a family." The Massachusetts medical examiner has determined Tsarnaev's cause of death, and the information will be made public once his remains are released and a death certificate is filed.
Photo: Stew Milne
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...