"With 25 million viewers watching Jeopardy each week, people’s love of trivia is anything but trivial and so we thought passengers would enjoy testing their taxi savvy right there on the taxi TV screen," said Taxi and Limousine head David Yassky, possibly in earnest. According to the New York Daily News, sample questions include, "Which mayor is responsible for requiring all New York City taxis to be yellow?" and "What percentage of taxi drivers own their own medallion?" This is good news for both minimally informed transportation enthusiasts and people who will do anything to avoid being alone with their own thoughts.
Photo: Jon Arnold/AWL ImagesJA/Corbis© Jon Arnold / AWL Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 6. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability