If you like tales of skeevy political intrigue, you will almost certainly enjoy Gawker editor John Cook's account of his trip to Toronto to investigate a tip about a video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack. Cook says he saw a recording of Ford taking a hit from a glass pipe, and that the tape's owner is looking to sell it for "six figures." (Apparently Gawker wasn't willing to spend that kind of money.) Ford's lawyer denies that the footage is real but, if it is, it might explain a few things about the conservative mayor's weird recent behavior, such as his dash from a community meeting to place campaign magnets on cars, his intoxicated ejection from a military gala, or his alleged drunken groping of a former mayoral candidate.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement