According to AP, the Obama administration is ramping up its humanitarian aid to 1.4 million Syrian citizens and refugees with another $100 million in relief funds. That payment brings the total aid given to the war-torn (and apparently Internet-less) country up to $510 million since the civil war began two years ago. Secretary of State John Kerry will make the announcement tomorrow in Rome. With reports of President Bashar Assad's chemical weapons use building, the news comes as yet another indicator that the Obama administration is very carefully treading the Syrian situation.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!