Thanks to a twisted interpretation of a Lone Star State law that approves the use of deadly force to retrieve stolen property at night, a San Antonio man has gotten away with killing a woman he paid for sex. On Christmas Eve 2009, Ezekiel Gilbert shot 23-year-old Craigslist escort Lenora Ivie Frago, who was paralyzed and died seven months later, after she took his $150 but did not sleep with him. "I sincerely regret the loss of the life of Ms. Frago," said Gilbert following his acquittal. "I've been in a mental prison the past four years of my life. I have nightmares. If I see guns on TV where people are getting killed, I change the channel." And whose fault is that, exactly?
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 8. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 9. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has