From deep under the city comes a lesson in thinking things through: When a passenger on an uptown 6 train tried to break up a couple's nasty-sounding fight, the man punched him in the face. So the would-be good Samaritan got out his pepper spray and blasted the guy. This did not go well. The spray filled the car and sent three people to the hospital, while the couple slipped out in the confusion before cops could arrive. Alas, there's just no established etiquette for using pepper spray on the subway.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2011 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 7. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour