Justin Smith, the man widely credited with turning the stolid Atlantic magazine into a going digital concern, is leaving the company for Bloomberg Media Group to see if he can do the same thing there as CEO. While the global-reaching Bloomberg is a much larger operation, the goal is basically the same: to make an old-school media property work in the digital age. But unlike the once-flailing Atlantic, Bloomberg and its lucrative terminal business have no shortage of cash to fuel the transformation.
Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty Images for Quartz
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 8. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?
- 9. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode