This mystery of physics was revealed in a company-wide e-mail chain addressing the sub-par quality of the bananas in the fifth-floor kitchen of the news outlet's New York office. At least three staffers noted the inexplicable temperature of the bananas, with one even claiming, according to the Observer, "When the air conditioning gets too cold in here I’ve taken to warming my hands over the [banana] pile." Our guess: This is all just a clever marketing ploy for the site's upcoming Hot Banana Sideboob vertical.
Photo: Gary Gershoff/Getty
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?