An apparent gas explosion on Pike Street near East Broadway injured at least twelve people today, three critically, in what one witness described as a "boom, like a bombing, like an earthquake." The Chinatown building partially collapsed, with multiple firefighters sustaining minor injuries. (Update: Police are now saying a pesticide canister blew up at a beauty salon in the building, setting off as many as twenty other "bug bombs.")
Photo: Bernice Miller
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!