Stories of people overreacting to public breast-feeding pop up from time to time, but they rarely end with police tossing around the word "terrorist." That's how lunch ended for Belgian diplomat Tom Neijens and his wife Roseline Remans, who were asked to leave the Metropolis Country Club in White Plains when Remans started breast-feeding during their meal on the terrace. Someone called the police, who told Niejens his black backpack made him look like a terrorist and was freaking everybody out. "In Sri Lanka, babies are used by terrorists," the cop allegedly told Niejens, according to the New York Post. It's better to be safe than sorry, whether you're dealing with babies, backpacks, or breasts.
Photo: © Leplat, Véronique/the food passionates/Corbis
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street