Huma Abedin has some vacation time from Hillary Clinton coming up, according to Politico, since the Clintons are planning to spend most of August lazing in East Hampton. But with Anthony Weiner’s mayoral bid imploding, she’s unlikely to want to spend the next several weeks campaigning, as she had planned. Abedin hasn’t appeared publicly with Weiner since their joint press conference last week, and she was absent from that video in which Weiner insisted “quit isn’t the way we roll in New York City,” then promised to fight on. Fellow Clinton aide Philippe Reines reportedly persuaded Abedin to steer clear of that one. So now she’s got this time off and her plans look to have fallen through. Maybe Abedin could use it for an actual vacation.
Photo: John Moore/2013 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 3. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Porn Means to Us: Twenty Couples on Tentacles, Baywatch, and the Skin Flicks They Share, Fear, and Imitate
- 9. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire