As we wait for more news about what caused the crash of a Boeing 777 that killed two in San Francisco on Saturday, the NTSB confirmed another fatal plane crash in Alaska Sunday that killed all ten people aboard. At least one NTSB investigator heading to San Francisco will be diverted to Alaska to investigate the cause of the crash of a de Havilland DHC-3 Otter air taxi in the Kenai Peninsula town of Soldotna, Alaska's KTUU reported. The crash happened on the runway as the plane was taking off. "The fixed-wing aircraft was located fully engulfed at the airport and the flames were put out by CES," Alaska State Troopers said in a statement, but none of the nine passengers nor the pilot survived.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!