Stephen Rakes, a former liquor-store owner who was on the prosecution's witness list in the trial of mob boss Whitey Bulger, was found dead yesterday. Rakes had been waiting decades to testify against Bulger but was told on Tuesday that he wouldn't get the chance. He was "devastated" by the news, according to an acquaintance. "No obvious signs of trauma" were found on his body. It's all very strange and suspicious, but as of now, what happened here is anyone's guess.
Photo: Jessica Rinaldi /The Boston Globe/Getty
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 8. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 9. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations