According to the Nassau County police, 51-year-old MTA electrician Joel Grasman was just looking to steal some welding machines when he broke into his employer's Queens storage yard at 4 a.m. today. But when he realized the stuff wouldn't fit into his own car, he did the reasonable thing and threw it in the back of one of the facility's cherry-picker trucks and took it to his hometown of Elmont, Long Island. Once there, Grasman raised the vehicle's extendable boom arm as he drove through his neighborhood, ripping down trees, utility poles, and electrical wires, which damaged houses and left 6,000 customers without power. He was soon caught, and charges are pending. It's not clear if the latter half of Grasman's criminal adventure was a mistake or an ill-advised victory lap.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?