In addition to Anthony Weiner's campaign, those who can't wait to start speculating about Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential run have turned their attention to the Virginia gubernatorial race. Though he doesn't have a debilitating sexting habit (as far as we know), Terry McAuliffe's campaign has raised many of the same complications for the Clintons, as they try to help out an old friend without damaging Hillary's brand. The Washington Post reports that former Clinton staffers are working on both campaigns, and donors are handing over cash in the hopes of currying favor with the first female president. McAuliffe's role in using the Lincoln Bedroom for fundraising and President Clinton's questionable pardons has already come up in his campaign, so if you want to rehash some of the Clinton era's least-entertaining scandals, this is one to watch.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2008 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 5. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 6. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013