The adorable, annoying subway cats that forced an hour and a half train stoppage yesterday — thus sparking the greatest moral quandary of our time — were finally rescued from the tracks last night around 6 p.m., hours after the subway started running again. The four-week-old kittens were then transferred to a shelter in Brooklyn where they were named Arthur and August; if three days pass without someone claiming them, the pair will be eligible for adoption, hopefully by someone who will keep them inside.
Photo: Marc A. Hermann
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability