On Thursday morning, U.S. Park Police removed the signs and shelter belonging to Concepcion Picciotto, who has been holding a continuous vigil across the street from the White House for 32 years. She needs no permit because the site is constantly attended, but someone holding the spot overnight Wednesday left, telling an officer their relief hadn't shown up, so the officer collected the unattended materials, Park Police said. But you don't sit within view of the White House for three decades without making some connections. Washington's congressional delegate, Eleanor Holmes Norton helped Picciotto retrieve her stuff, and she was back protesting by 3 p.m.
Photo: Tim Sloan/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Here’s Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Frolicking Post-Baby Reveal