News organizations frequently don't report on individual suicides unless they're otherwise newsworthy, so there's a chance that if the 29-year-old man who jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge Wednesday hadn't survived, the New York Daily News wouldn't have run the photo it captured of him in mid-air. Amazingly, though, he did survive, with what police described as non-life-threatening injuries. And the top photo on the Daily News's story, highlighting the scale of his fall next to the bridge, shows how incredible that really is.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2009 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?