A big bust in Sheepshead Bay turned up 335 oxycodone pills, cocaine, heroin, a sawed-off shotgun, and the too-perfect detail that the dealers were strict about their religion. "We are closing 7:30 on the dot and we will reopen saturday 8:15 so if u need anything you have 45mins to get what you want," read a mass text to customers — sent from a BlackBerry — alerting them that the drug house would be "closed for Shabbat." David Gerowitz, Philip Mandel, Eduard Sorin, Jack Zaibak, and Jack Zibak, when not observing the Jewish day of rest, are accused of moving $460,000 in pills, after a year-long investigation the NYPD called "Only After Sundown."
Photo: NYPD Handout
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?