Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt when a truck carrying champagne through Connecticut overturned and spilled its cargo across Interstate 395, but the crash involving a whole truckload of champagne was decidedly less than festive. Boxes of bubbly littered the road near Griswold as the driver, who apparently hit a Department of Transportation truck, was taken to the hospital for evaluation. The road was closed for two hours while workers cleared the mess, but sadly they did not hand each delayed motorist a complimentary bottle.
Photo: Brian A Jackson/iStock
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 7. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour