The non-stop View rumors continue today with a report that Katie Couric is being eyed to replace Barbara Walters as a co-host when she retires next summer. As you may recall, Couric already has her own talk show, but sources tell the Daily News that Katie's ratings have plummeted and it's on the verge of cancellation. "The feeling across the board is that Katie is rejected by audiences when she is alone, but on a panel show she’s incredible, and even not liking her can work in the show’s favor and her favor," says the source, noting that being anointed Walters' successor could help Couric save face. Walters says there's "no truth to the rumor," but she said the same thing about her retirement and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's departure for Fox News.
Photo: Michael Loccisano/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!