As a Harvard Law student, Ted Cruz declined to study with classmates who received their undergraduate degrees at schools other than Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, so it's funny that he can't pass the basic elitist test of setting up a chess board correctly. On Friday night, he tweeted a photo of the match he was playing with fellow Republican senator Mike Lee, apparently without realizing that the king and the queen had been placed on the wrong starting squares, as Business Insider's Joseph Weisenthal first pointed out. (Remember, everyone: The queen takes her color.) While this may have been a clever acknowledgment of the backwards nature of the GOP's doomed, government shutdown–inducing plan to de-fund Obamacare, it seems likely that the explanation for his mistake is something much simpler.
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 4. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 5. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 6. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 7. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 8. The Power (and Peril) of Praising Your Kids
- 9. Elián González Bashes U.S., Reignites Cold War