At least, it isn't now. Though, Damian Esteban did lose his job after he brought 18 bags of heroin with him to jury duty last year in a cigarette pack. The recovering addict says he grabbed the wrong backpack by mistake. But Esteban sued to stay employed, and on Thursday, a judge decided that the punishment was "excessive and shocking to this court’s sense of fairness." Esteban now has his job back, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg is personally fuming over the decision. Big day!
Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/2011 AFP
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability