Following a half-hour meeting on Tuesday evening, Joe Lhota and Rev. Al Sharpton would only describe their conversation in vague terms, and the content of their talk was beside the point. The mayoral candidate has shifted strategies since he won the Republican primary, and now wants to emphasize to Democratic voters that he's not Rudy Giuliani. One easy way to convey that was to chat with the man Giuliani refused to even meet with. When asked about his old nemesis, Sharpton said, "I'm not here to take shots," adding, "I can’t remember beyond 12 years. I’m getting old."
Photo: Andy Kropa/Getty Images2013 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?