Police charged Ursula Jerry of Milwaukee with criminal possession of a weapon on Sunday after a security guard at the 9/11 Memorial spotted a loaded .380-cal semiautomatic pistol in her purse. While the location, and the fact that the 41-year-old doesn't have a permit for the gun in any state, is unnerving, it actually shows the memorial is pretty secure – unlike a certain transportation system. "I travel with this from home on Amtrak to New York City," Jerry told officers during her arrest. "I don't mean harm to anyone."
Photo: Spencer Platt/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 5. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 8. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...
- 9. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011