The Ohio man who confessed to killing 61-year-old Vincent Canzani in a YouTube video released last week — which racked up more than 1.2 million views — was indicted today on felony charges. Matthew Cordle, 22, confessed to the crime in the slick, dramatic clip released by the start-up Because I Said I Would ("a social movement dedicated to bettering humanity through the power of a promise"), but it's not just a PSA.
"This video will act as my confession," said Cordle, who said he went the wrong way down the highway into oncoming traffic in the early morning hours of June 22. "When I get charged, I will plead guilty and take full responsibility for everything I've done to Vincent and his family." His attorney said Cordle will turn himself in today. He faces eight and a half years in prison.