The tagger who writes "Problem Child" did not wait until the street was clear before he scrawled over Banksy's latest work, up in Queens. Nor did he mind the chorus of detractors gathered to watch him. He had a point to prove, according to Gothamist tipster Kevin Mazeski. "He kept saying about how this was his area. And the guy was pissed." In the video Mazeski shared with Gothamist and Gawker, a small crowd chided the local talent: "Thousands of dollars you're painting away. Thousands of dollars," one woman complained, while another guy made fun of Problem Child's "terrible penmanship." But Problem Child cared not. And anyway, at least the destruction of this piece has a story behind it, unlike others.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?