A second Barneys customer has come forward with allegations of harassment from police after purchasing an expensive item at the high-end retailer. Kayla Phillips claims that a few blocks away from Barneys, after leaving with a new $2,500 handbag, four plainclothes cops pushed her up against a wall and demanded to know what she was doing in Manhattan and where she got the money to purchase something so expensive. This probably happens all the time to white people who shop at Barneys, too, right?
Photo: Jin Lee/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- 1. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 2. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 3. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special