Today in “everything supremely terrible you want to arrange online involves an undercover cop”: Legendary NYC radio host Dave Herman, the WNEW-FM (102.7 FM) disc jockey known for on-air visits from Bruce Springsteen and John Lennon, was arrested yesterday in a pedophilia sting. Herman arrived at La Guardia Airport thinking he was flying a willing mother and her young daughter “Lexi” to his home in St. Croix for sex with the child, but he’d actually been chatting with a Homeland Security agent since November 2012. “I find girls that age incredibly sexy, soft, and their innocence is also a huge turn-on for me,” the 77-year-old told the woman, using the screen name “david121482,” according to the complaint. “Age 6 is the perfect time to start her being loved that way.” Herman faces a minimum of ten years to life in prison if convicted.
Photo: Taylor Hill/Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle