It was unusual and unnerving enough that a dry ice bomb exploded in a bathroom at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday night. But on Monday, another one apparently blew up and police found at least three more such devices, which involve dry ice and water sealed into a bottle that then explodes when the pressure becomes great enough. The two bombs found Monday night were in an employee restroom — a restricted area, NBC's Andrew Blankstein reported on Twitter. Sunday's bomb was also in an employees-only area, and exploded almost exactly 24 hours before Monday's, at about 8:30 p.m. Fortunately, none of the blasts caused any injuries. "Apparently there is no nexus to terrorism right now," Det. Gus Villanueva told the Los Angeles Times. But it's still pretty damned scary, or at least weird.
Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images/Getty
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets