In an effort to prevent injuries, a Port Washington middle school has banned footballs (except those made of Nerf), baseballs, lacrosse balls, and hard soccer balls from recess. "Rough games of tag," whatever that means, are also prohibited, and cartwheels must be supervised. Sitting alone in a state of quiet despair is allowed, and encouraged.
Photo: Sergiy Nykonenko/iStockphoto
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability