Yes, the State of New York has a slightly better track record at signing people up for health insurance through its New York State of Health insurance exchange than does the federal government with HealthCare.gov. But that does not mean our site doesn't have some wacky bugs. DNAinfo notes that a list of so-called navigators, who are supposed to help guide hapless applicants through the process, included a car service (APEX Car & Limo, Inc, at 579 Smith St.), a cupcake shop (Brooklyn Cupcake), and an organization called African Services, which serves immigrants who are largely ineligible for the exchange. Apparently the state published a list its contractor sent as a stopgap, not realizing it wasn't a final list. "I didn’t think this list was going to be public," said a program manager with the state's contractor. But at least as of Tuesday, it still was.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!