Two weeks after the shutdown led to historic lows for the Republican Party, President Obama is joining them. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll has President Obama's job approval lower than ever, falling to 42 percent from 47 percent in early October and 53 percent at the end of 2012. Plus, for the first time since he's been on the national stage, more people view Obama negatively than positively. The Journal reports, "In all, the poll of 800 Americans captured an extraordinarily deep and widespread public distaste for the two political parties, those parties' leaders and the state of politics in the nation's capital." Maybe Britain will take us back if we ask nicely.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/2013 Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?