The Onion used some intentionally awful language in its latest commentary on the controversy over the Redskins' name, starting with the headline, "Redskins’ Kike Owner Refuses To Change Team’s Offensive Name," and ratcheting up from there. While everyone gets what the satirical paper is doing, the language left many commentators unsure of how to react, Mediaite and The Atlantic Wire noted. If The Onion was wondering the same thing, one suggestion would be to alert the lawyers, as Snyder has been known to get litigious about how he's depicted in the press.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability