"The shutdown basically, to me, comes down to: It's people who cannot be comfortable with 'Hey! You're not fucking No. 1. You can still be effective as No. 2 or No. 3.' But like true bullies, unless they're No. 1, if they even fall one tiny bit, they panic and have to burn the whole school down. And that's what it is. " —Comedian Patton Oswalt, to Daily Intelligencer, at Saturday's New York premiere of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Photo: Mike Coppola/2013 Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...