After hinting at his plan for some time, on Tuesday Rand Paul announced that he will place a hold on Janet Yellen's nomination to be Federal Reserve chair unless the Senate holds a vote on the Federal Transparency Act. The legislation passed the House, and has been stalled in the Senate for three years. Yellen is expected to be confirmed anyway, but delaying things is Congress's preferred method of getting things done.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!