A blackout and explosion on the U.C. Berkeley campus that injured several people and caused a campus-wide evacuation on Monday was apparently caused by the theft or attempted theft of some copper grounding wire, a campus spokesman told The Daily Californian. At least one person had to be taken to the hospital, and a few others were treated at the scene, the campus newspaper reports. Copper wire theft: Not just an LIRR problem.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images/Getty
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes