Bill de Blasio faces many new challenges as the leading candidate for mayor of New York, but before he can try to rise to them, he must rise out of bed in time. De Blasio, a self-described "night owl," was late to an 11:30 a.m. campaign rally Saturday because he overslept, Politicker reports. "I got a call at five in the morning that threw off my sleep cycle.... So I wouldn’t say I typically overslept, I’d say it was a divided sleep," he told reporter Jill Colvin. Just this week, Colvin's profile of De Blasio mentioned that he had a habit of sleeping in, sometimes "leaving staffers waiting for hours outside his home or showing up late to morning events." De Blasio's ideal solution: "I think we should reorient our society [to] staying up late, but I don’t think that’s happening right now."
Photo: Andrew Burton/Getty
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!