CNN last week experienced its worst ratings week since Jeff Zucker took over as president at the beginning of the year, averaging 385,000 viewers compared with Fox News's 2.4 million and MSNBC's 683,000. The New York Times' Bill Carter suggests that's thanks to too much coverage of the troubled Obamacare launch, which partisan viewers want to hear about from their own teams. "Friday's shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport drove viewers to competitors," The Hollywood Reporter asserted. If CNN can't win the ratings during a breaking crisis, it really is in trouble.
Photo: Mike Coppola/2011 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?