Life is a depressing charade, a rote series of never-ending desk days attempting to masquerade as meaningful when really everything is complete, pointless garbage. Still, there is hope in dog pool parties. Here are a few things that happened this week that won't make you call out for the sweet embrace of death.
1. These dogs who are super thankful their neighbor let them use the pool so they don't have to hit up McCarren again.
2. 378 people at a St. Petersburg, Florida, Starbucks participated in a "pay it forward chain," where each person paid for the coffee for the person behind them. (The 379th person was reportedly shamed out of the state.)
3. This inspiring story of New York hairdresser Mark Bustos, who spends his days off giving free haircuts to homeless New Yorkers.
4. Those Ice Bucket Challenge videos we're all sick of are actually helping to raise money for ALS research. This week, donations topped $41 million.
5. Dr. Kent Brantly, the American aid worker infected with Ebola, was released from the hospital after his blood tests came back negative for the deadly virus.
7. There's a week-long Simpsons marathon on, if you're into that kind of thing.
8. BUTTS. So many butts:
May next week's news be as happy as a Lab jumping into a pool.