Burnt Easy Mac Temporarily Shuts Down Iowa State Government

By

One staffer at the Iowa Capitol accidentally forgot how to use the microwave on Monday, prompting a buildingwide evacuation. Perhaps the culprit was just super excited about Hillary Clinton thinking Iowans have great ideas?

According to the Des Moines Register, the Capitol was evacuated around 11 a.m. Monday after smoke began pouring from somewhere behind the Senate chamber. The fiery culprit? A bowl of Easy Mac, left in the microwave too long. Thankfully nobody was injured.

No word on why a third grader (or at least someone with a third grader’s palate) was using a microwave at the state Capitol.