Only a few hours after Chris Christie announced he was ending his presidential campaign, Republican candidate Carly Fiornia also called it quits. “I’ve said throughout this campaign that I will not sit down and be quiet,” she said in a statement released on Facebook. “I’m not going to start now. While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them.” (Sound familiar?)
The former Hewlett-Packard CEO saw an early surge in popularity largely thanks to Donald Trump — when he insulted her during the second GOP debate, her comeback earned her both respect and name recognition. But she’s been fading ever since: She failed to qualify for the ABC News debate earlier this month, and it was unlikely she’d earn the numbers to participate in the upcoming debate this Saturday. A poor performance in the New Hampshire primary (she earned just 4.1 percent of the vote) finished her off.