The Fairest Dice Possible According to Math Have 120 Sides and an Incredibly Complex Shape
This is the d120 by the Dice Lab, and it’s “the last word on dice,” says one of the inventors. Based on a geometrical shape called an disdyakis triacontahedron — a type of polyhedron that was first described in 1865 — it pushes the limits of symmetry (which equates to fairness in the world of die tossing). Consider busting some out the next time your calculus club is in the mood to gamble.
Produced by Eva Hill, written by Cait Munro.
- How Trump’s Speaking Style Has Changed Over the Years
- Foreign-Policy Experts React to Trump’s Jerusalem Decision
- Trump’s Surrounded by Big Water
- 5 Questions About North Korea You’re Afraid to Ask
- Roy Moore’s Biggest Fan Is Terrifying
- 3 Ways Trump’s Tax Code Benefits Him and His Family
- Trump’s War on the Media Has Been Years in the Making
- Graduate Students Are Terrified by the Republican Tax Plan
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- This Is Why Obama’s Legacy Will Endure Despite What Many May Think