The Fairest Dice Possible According to Math Have 120 Sides and an Incredibly Complex Shape
This is the d120 by the Dice Lab, and it’s “the last word on dice,” says one of the inventors. Based on a geometrical shape called an disdyakis triacontahedron — a type of polyhedron that was first described in 1865 — it pushes the limits of symmetry (which equates to fairness in the world of die tossing). Consider busting some out the next time your calculus club is in the mood to gamble.
Produced by Eva Hill, written by Cait Munro.
- Jeff Sessions Can’t Recall a Lot of Things
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- A Brief History of North Korea in 3 Minutes
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- What the Trump Administration Means When It Says ‘On Notice’
- What Donald Trump Did On His First Presidential Vacation
- Anthony Scaramucci Is Back on TV, and He’s Got a Few Words for Us
- Donald Trump Is His Own Worst Enemy
- Here’s What Trump Has Said on Major Policy Issues Before and After Being Elected
- Amal Clooney on Trump Losing the Presidency
- Justin Trudeau Just Blew Away a Room of Physicists