The Fairest Dice Possible According to Math Have 120 Sides and an Incredibly Complex Shape
This is the d120 by the Dice Lab, and it’s “the last word on dice,” says one of the inventors. Based on a geometrical shape called an disdyakis triacontahedron — a type of polyhedron that was first described in 1865 — it pushes the limits of symmetry (which equates to fairness in the world of die tossing). Consider busting some out the next time your calculus club is in the mood to gamble.
Produced by Eva Hill, written by Cait Munro.
- At Least 17 Dead in Florida School Shooting
- A Look at Kim Jong Un’s Sister and Her Role in North Korea’s Regime
- Does Trump Have a Future in Hair Commercials?
- Trump’s Stock-Market Reality Check
- Mothers Are Fighting for Gun-Policy Reform
- Lawmakers Turned the Government Shutdown Into a Blame Game
- The Long-term Damage of a Government Shutdown
- 5 Questions About North Korea You’re Afraid to Ask
- The Worst Defenses of Trump’s Racist Comments on Immigration
- The Deportation Administration: What’s at Stake
- How Trump’s Speaking Style Has Changed Over the Years
- Time Is Running Out for DACA Recipients
- Foreign-Policy Experts React to Trump’s Jerusalem Decision
- Trump’s War on the Media Has Been Years in the Making
- Donald Trump Is His Own Worst Enemy
- Here’s What Trump Has Said on Major Policy Issues Before and After Being Elected